The Maldives Senior National Athletics team, competing in the 22nd Asian Championship, has traveled to Bangalore for a training camp.
This year’s Asian Championship will be held from July 6 to 9, at India’s Bhubaneswar.
Athletics Association said ten athletes from Maldives will compete in the tournament, including seven males and three females.
The Senior Athletics team includes;
• Hassan Saaid - Indian Ocean Island Games (IOIG) 2015 100m sprint champion, named fastest runner in the Indian Ocean region
• Azneem Ahmed (Azza) - South Asian Games 2010 bronze winning sprint relay team mate
• Sarees Ahmed – Islamic solidarity Games 2017 200m semi-final contestant
• Afa Ismail – fastest female sprinter in the country
• Ahmed Hassan – Asian Athletics Championship 800m and 1500m contestant
• Hussain Fazeel Haaroon – 5km national record holder
• Zaid Shareef – 10km record holder
The Maldives National Athletics team camped in Bangalore with the aid provided by the Indian Government.
Athletics Association said the team will return to Maldives after the Asian Championship concludes.