Health Protection Agency (HPA) has issued a warning regarding possible flu outbreak and other contagious diseases due to the rainy season the country is presently experiencing.
In a statement released on Tuesday, HPA cautioned people to be alert regarding various issues. These include:
• Not visiting children while one is sick
• Washing vegetables and fruits properly before use
• Proper use and disposal of food and other waste
• Covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing if one is sick
• Refraining from visiting public places if sick or coughing, especially refraining from taking children to such places
• Closing all doors to bar mosquitoes from entering houses during sunrise and sunset.
• Emptying water once a week from places that collect water within the house.
• Wearing clothes that completely cover the body and using mosquito repellant sprays and lotions.
Meanwhile, Maldives Meteorological Service also predicts stormy weather due to a storm brewing West of Sri Lanka. Thus, white alert was issued to islands between HA. Atoll and Th. Atoll.