A 6-year-old had died after being unable to breathe when a stone apple seed got stuck in her throat on Friday.
The girl, Aishath Aalaa Anwar, is from Gondumatheege, N. Kendhikulhudhoo.
According to Kendhikulhudhoo Council, Aalaa died while being treated at Kendhiikulhudhoo health centre after chocking on the stone apple seed. The staff at the health centre gave her prompt medical attention, however they were unable to save her life, the council said.
The girl, studying in Grade 1 at Kendhikulhudhoo School, was taken to the health centre late Friday evening, and has now been buried.